Flag Patch on BDUs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should we keep the Flag Patch on the BDUs?

50% 50% 
[ 3 ]
50% 50% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 6

Flag Patch on BDUs

Post by Poobah on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:06 am

Vote and discuss.

Wright Brothers Award #4609
Mitchell Award #54148
Poobah
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 105
Job position in CAP/Past positions : Cadet Commander (duh), previously Deputy Cadet Commander and misc support staff positions
Registration date : 2007-10-12

View user profile http://capcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Flag Patch on BDUs

Post by topgun on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:51 pm

I'm proud to be an American and believe that the Flag patch on the BDU's makes the uniform look more professional. It also shows where were from for those who need US CAP on the name tape.

2007 Squadron of Distinction
topgun
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 89
Job position in CAP/Past positions : All CAP Cadet Staff Posistions and currently am the cadet commander of the Colorado Springs Cadet Sq
Registration date : 2007-10-15

View user profile http://www.cscs-wolfpack.us

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtle on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:43 pm

I think the flag idea goes away from our "Air Force" appearance. This is widely viewed as an Army tradition, and I see no reason for CAP to continue it. When I first read they were doing this, I was a little frustrated. Though we should be patriotic, and have pride in our nation, this is a way I feel is not needed. You are already a part of a volunteer organization that goes out of their way to help in the aid of many missions. There is no need to wear the flag, we are 99.9% of the time on our turf, and even overseas, on a military post. Even in IACE you do not wear the bdu's, so what purpose does the flag really pose?

Personally the program has larger issues than uniform "bling." I used to be all for it, but after progressing higher in the "food chain" I've realized that bling isn't what we need. Better training, and recruiting go above this in my book... Call me old school, I don't care, I am set in my ways.

Turtle
C/Amn
C/Amn

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-10-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Poobah on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:45 pm

Quick wrote:I think the flag idea goes away from our "Air Force" appearance. This is widely viewed as an Army tradition, and I see no reason for CAP to continue it. When I first read they were doing this, I was a little frustrated. Though we should be patriotic, and have pride in our nation, this is a way I feel is not needed. You are already a part of a volunteer organization that goes out of their way to help in the aid of many missions. There is no need to wear the flag, we are 99.9% of the time on our turf, and even overseas, on a military post. Even in IACE you do not wear the bdu's, so what purpose does the flag really pose?

Personally the program has larger issues than uniform "bling." I used to be all for it, but after progressing higher in the "food chain" I've realized that bling isn't what we need. Better training, and recruiting go above this in my book... Call me old school, I don't care, I am set in my ways.

My sentiments exactly.

Wright Brothers Award #4609
Mitchell Award #54148
Poobah
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 105
Job position in CAP/Past positions : Cadet Commander (duh), previously Deputy Cadet Commander and misc support staff positions
Registration date : 2007-10-12

View user profile http://capcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by topgun on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:50 pm

Poobah wrote:
Quick wrote:I think the flag idea goes away from our "Air Force" appearance. This is widely viewed as an Army tradition, and I see no reason for CAP to continue it. When I first read they were doing this, I was a little frustrated. Though we should be patriotic, and have pride in our nation, this is a way I feel is not needed. You are already a part of a volunteer organization that goes out of their way to help in the aid of many missions. There is no need to wear the flag, we are 99.9% of the time on our turf, and even overseas, on a military post. Even in IACE you do not wear the bdu's, so what purpose does the flag really pose?

My sentiments exactly.

I still like having the US Flag on my uniform....

2007 Squadron of Distinction
topgun
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 89
Job position in CAP/Past positions : All CAP Cadet Staff Posistions and currently am the cadet commander of the Colorado Springs Cadet Sq
Registration date : 2007-10-15

View user profile http://www.cscs-wolfpack.us

Back to top Go down

Post by OIC on Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:09 am

My opinion is that if you wanna talk about "old school" then wearing the flag would be part of it. I don't know quite how recruiting and wearing the US flag connect. Yes recruiting and excellence is important but wearing the US flag doesn't really aid or a bait it.

OIC
C/Amn
C/Amn

Number of posts : 9
Job position in CAP/Past positions : Cadet Deputy Commander
Registration date : 2007-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down